Funcom IRC Network Use PolicyIRC Server: irc.funcom.com Ports: 6667
The main IRC channel in the Anarchy Online IRC is #anarchyonline
There are many other channels, and they range from Japanese, French and German chat, to profession and guild specific chats.
If you're not familiar with IRCs, please read our IRC Introduction
Funcom IRC is a moderated network, in that we reserve all rights to deny access to this server to any user, host or domain without warning or explanation. Funcom IRC provides all network services free of charge. There are no fees required to use any server linked to Funcom IRC, or to register nicknames and/or channels. In return for the provision of free network access and services, we expect users to comply with the terms listed in this AUP. If you are not in agreement with our policies, disconnect from any and all Funcom IRC servers now.
Funcom IRC cooperates fully with local, state and federal authorities with investigations of Internet abuse and fraud. Funcom IRC takes no responsibility and explicitly disclaims all liability for the content of any text or materials that pass through this network, or the results of running any commands while using these services.
The Funcom IRC uses a BOT that is called “Q” to handle all of the nickname commands, channel commands and authorization commands for the server. We do not use separate BOTS for nicknames or channels like most common IRC servers do with “NickServ” and “ChanServ.”
· Auth – Identifies you as a particular user on the bot – level 0
· Requestpassword – Request your password via E-mail – level 0
· Showcommands – List all the commands on the bot – level 0
· Ident – identifies you as a particular user on the bot – level 0
· Help – Gives full help on a particular bot command – level 0
· Whoami – Gives the bot’s opinion on who you are – level 0
· Hello – Creates a new user account in the bot – level 0
· Chanlev – Changes/view someone’s rights on a channel – level 1
· Key – Sets a key on a channel (channel password) – level 1
· Op – Gives you ops on a channel where the bot is – level 1
· Voice – Gives you +v on a channel where the bot is – level 1
· Clearchan – Clear all modes on a channel – level 1
· Unbanall – Unban all temporary bans on a channel – level 1
· Autolimit – Set the auto-limit on a channel – level 1
· Bandel – Delete a ban from a channel – level 1
· Email – Change your E-mail – level 1
· Welcome – Show/set welcome messages on a channel – level 1
· Adduser – Add a user and his user level to a channel – level 1
· Deopall – Deop all users on a channel – level 1
· Authhistory – Show history with authed users – level 1
· Ban – Ban a hostmask permanently on a channel – level 1
· Chanflags – Change/view the flags on a channel – level 1
· Limit – Set a max user-limit on a channel – level 1
· Removeuser – Remove a user from a channel – level 1
· Version – Show version number – level 1
· Banlist – List all permanent bans on a channel – level 1
· Invite – Invites you to a channel where the bot is – level 1
· Newpass – Change your password
· Settopic – Changes the default channel topic – level 1
To register your nickname with the QBOT you must first message the QBOT with this command: “/msg Q hello” (without the quotes). This will display a number of responses from QBOT on how you should register with the server. The QBOT by default will acknowledge your first nickname that you have entered and create the new user account for you with the password. In example it will look like this for the user Faminetest:
“Hello, Faminetest. A new user account has been created for you, with nick Faminetest. Next time you login and want to identify yourself type: ‘/MSG Q@cserve.funcom.com AUTH Faminetest testing0232’. Your password is initially ‘testing0232’. You’ll need to use the NEWPASS command to change it. To change the password to ‘abc0238’ then type: ‘/MSG Q NEWPASS abc0238 abc0238’. After you change your password, you have to AUTH yourself with the new password: ‘/MSG Q@cserve.funcom.com AUTH Faminetest abc0238’.”
So in order you would type the following to completely register your name and AUTH yourself from scratch:
- Connect to the Funcom IRC at – irc.Funcom.com:6667 with your initial nickname.
- /MSG Q hello
- Copy and paste the identify information that QBOT has now given you (i.e.: /MSG Q@cserve.funcom.com AUTH Nickname PasswordGivenToYouByQ)
- It is suggested you change your password to something you can remember. Type ‘/MSG Q NEWPASS newpassword newpassword’ to do so.
- /MSG Q@cserve.funcom AUTH Nickname newpasswordyoujustmade
Only IRC Operators register permanent channels on Funcom IRC. If you wish to request a permanent channel on the network, contact one of the IRC Operators in the #feds channel. Channels are typically restricted to official alternate language channels, fansite channels, clan/department/guild channels, profession specific channels and role playing specific channels.
If your request meets one of the above requirements, and a similar channel is not already pre-existing, the IRC Operators will register your channel.
IRC Operators reserve the right to deny or revoke channel registration without cause.
(Note: Type the command /MOTD to see a list of Ops on the IRC server.)
Acceptable Conduct Rules
All clients connecting to Funcom IRC will not use the network to engage in illegal activities, including the transfer of illegal software and/or child pornography and/or harassment of other users/staff. Funcom IRC does not tolerate any channel names or channel topics containing offensive words in any language, or a channel that encourages or supports harassment. Advertising, cloning by multiple client connects, flooding by repeated send of text or CTCP commands, use of profanity or harassment of other clients and/or IRC Operators are grounds for immediate and permanent removal from the network.
Channels that are used for illegal activities such as warez and/or porn distribution, the dissemination of multi-player cheats and/or exploits or harassment of other clients will be closed immediately.
Primary offenses that may result temporary or permanent banning from official chat channels include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Flooding: This means pinging, sending large amounts of text, joining and parting channels rapidly, repeatedly versioning command and similar behavior.
- Illegal Material: This includes, but is not limited to; an Illegal copy of software, distribution of MP3 files, movies (VCD/DivX), i.e.; any copyrighted material where the user does not own the copyright.
- Pornography: Funcom IRC is intended to be a multiplayer gaming network, therefore you are not allowed to trade, sell, buy or deal in any other way with sexual/pornographic material on Funcom IRC.
- Spamming & Advertising: Spamming and/or advertising (i.e., promoting your website, product, whatever) in channels are forbidden.
- Multiplayer cheats and Exploits: Spreading multiplayer cheats and exploits are not allowed.
- Abusive or Offensive Language: The use of abusive and/or offensive language is prohibited in official channels.
- Clones: Exceeding two (2) client connections from a single IP connection is prohibited in official channels.
- Bots: Channel protectbots (eggdrop bots etc.) are allowed, as long as they are used according to the rules under Clones above. Funcom IRC does not offer help to configure your bots, or provide a server for the users to run a bot from! If you can't configure a bot, don't run a bot! Floodbots, Clonebots, etc. are prohibited and will result in a network ban.
- Takeovers: Taking over a channel will result in a permanent network ban.
- Hacking: Any attempts to hack the network or other users, will result in a permanent network ban and a report to the ISP of the user in question.
- Impersonation of IRC Funcom Officials, Operators, and Network Services: If a user uses any of these nicknames, an operator may immediately disconnect the user from the network WITHOUT prior notice. Use of these nicknames may result in a permanent ban from the network.
- Other: IRC Operators may ban a user without warning at their discretion.
The staff of the network is called IRC Operators or Administrators. They are different from other users in that they have more power than the ordinary user. They are on the network to be of assistance with various matters, placing the channel service in channels, answering questions etc.
IRC Operators will assist clients with nickname and channel registration, answer questions regarding services, and intervene in the event of violations of the Acceptable Use Policy. IRC Operators will not involve themselves in nickname disputes where a pass has been released to another. IRC Ops will not involve themselves in channel disputes involving channel ownership or channel operator hierarchy.
Some additional information regarding IRC Operators and official network support channels:
- #feds: Funcom IRC Operator Channel
- Most IRC Operators of Funcom IRC are volunteers. They do not get paid for their work. Most of the IRC Operators have ordinary work to attend to at day and/or nighttime, families, etc. The IRC Operators of Funcom IRC are NOT required or obligated to help users at any time. Sometimes, this means that it will take some time to get help in #feds. Please be patient, and if you don't get any help from an IRC Operator, please come back later. If you don't require help from an IRC Operator, try to join #help, as they are qualified to help out in the most cases, and answer a lot of questions.
- Please note that #feds is not a "How do I do this and that" question channel. This channel is for reporting abuse, network questions, advanced "Q" questions etc. Questions not regarding these issues will be ignored. Please see #feds channel rules for rules about this channel.
- Becoming an IRC Operator: Becoming an IRC operator requires not only a strong working knowledge of IRC and this IRC network. Operators are selected when there is a need, and never given based on who is asking for it.
This document serves as a guideline for acceptable use expectations and policies for the Funcom IRC network. It is by no means inclusive of all details and subject to change and/or modification at any time without prior notification.
Questions about this Acceptable Use Policy may be submitted via email to: email@example.com